Friday, January 31, 2014

The Red Boat House


14"x11" Oil on Canvas

Ok, enough of winter and the cold.  My longings for some of that pretty white fluffy snow are gone....I've had enough of the cold winter!  My memories are back in Maine, sitting on a peaceful dock, sipping some nice cold beverage, and just taking it easy painting the beautiful scenery.  And...as long as I don't look at the thermometer I can have those wonderful thoughts.  I am so drawn to red boat houses and red cottages.   I've had a photo of this one for several years now waiting for the right time to paint it.  When the temperatures went to single digits here in Virginia, I decided now was the time.

1 comment:

  1. Really REALLY nice, Marie! Wish we were back there eating those great lobster rolls :-)

    ReplyDelete